QuickBooks excels in the areas of recording transactions, tracking sales and employee payroll, as well as other financial tasks. QuickBooks can be relied upon by users for efficient accounting that can help them grow businesses. These qualities aside, QuickBooks can occasionally make mistakes that could cause financial problems. QuickBooks Error The File Exists causes a problem when opening a company file, or running the software. This error can also cause you to be unable to access your company files or run QuickBooks on your computer. Keep reading this blog to find out why it happens and how to fix it 1-888-704-1357 QB professionals can quickly eliminate file exists errors in QuickBooks.
About the issue A File Exist error is a message that prevents users from opening company files of software on their computer. This happens when the file you want to open is already in use by another program, or QuickBooks cannot access it because of insufficient permissions. It will throw an error message stating that QuickBooks cannot open QuickBooks or access a file from a company. This error must be corrected in order to continue using the software.
Recommend to read: QuickBooks Error PS038
- There are many reasons
- This error can be caused by a number of reasons.
- You downloaded an installation file that was corrupted or damaged during download. These are the results.
- You cannot install a new program to your computer through the UAC settings.
- Below are some ways to get around this error in QuickBooks
Related Articles: QuickBooks Outlook is not responding
Solution 1: Configure the User Account Control Settings
The User Account Control settings prevent unwanted programs from being installed on your computer and making modifications to it. This prevents malicious threats and data from getting into your system. You can allow QuickBooks to bypass the UAC settings by following the steps below.
- Open the control panel by going to the search panel in your taskbar.
- Select the User accountsoption, and then click the User Accounts button in the next Window.
- Click on the Change user account control settings
- To turn on the UAC Settings, shift the slider to Never Notify and then move it to Always Notify.
- After turning off the UAC settings, you can try installing QuickBooks again.
- If you still have errors, try the following:
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The QuickBooks Tool hub is a collection of tools that automatically fix minor issues for users. Follow the below steps to ensure that the Tool hub is up-to-date.
- Click on Installation problems in the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from all the options.
- Wait for the process finish before you reboot your computer.
- This error will be corrected and you can now install QuickBooks without errors.
Read more: QuickBooks Error H202
These are the details that you should know about QuickBooks Error The File Exists. You can also find the reasons behind this error in the blog. The methods to fix the error should be easy for you. For any troubleshooting issues, contact QB ProAdvisor support at 1-888-704-1357.
Read more: This company file needs to be updated