As we all know, moving can cause anxiety and worry. Many objects accumulate over the years that you often don’t remember ever having.
Are you averse to packing clothes, books, and objects that seem to never end? Do you feel like everything is always at the beginning? Fear not! These are 5 tips to make your move stress-free.
Get rid of everything that’s not needed!
For clothes, don’t keep them with the excuse that “when I lose weight, I can wear them!” Instead, give them to a friend. Also, it’s important to know how long will moving companies store your stuff.
Prepare everything you need
Once you have an idea of the items you want to keep, you can make two calculations and estimate how much you will need to handle them. To make a moving work, you will need more than you realize. These are the things you’ll need immediately:
- Carton – Avoid recycling cartons from shops and ask for them on a loan. You will eventually break used boxes. They are also difficult to stack and transport. It is better to purchase them new and keep them for future use.
- A brown packing tap is best for sealing boxes. It is easy to remove and seals well. A special dispenser can be purchased to make it easy to seal the boxes.
- Parcel wrap is used by moving companies to transport multiple boxes at once and protect fragile items. It can also be used to strengthen boxes that contain very heavy items (just look at what the dishes have …).).
- Bubble plastic These bubble plastic rolls can be used to wrap fragile items securely and keep them from moving during transit.
- Markers You will need to indicate the destination room for each object in each box using two or three colored markers.
Prepare the Mary Poppins bag!
You won’t be able to unpack all of your boxes on the day of the move but you will still need some everyday items. You will need sheets, towels, pajamas, and other supplies to make dinner or breakfast the next morning.
Everything is in its place, and there’s a place for everything!
You will end up with items from different rooms in the same box if you don’t follow a particular order. Make sure to label each box and prepare it separately.
This will make it easier to remove them. Also, make sure to take a detailed inventory of all the packages and their contents. It is a good idea to mark the boxes on both sides and not just on the top. You never know what it might look like stacked. If you thinking about getting a pod you may want to know pods storage and moving cost too.
Better to hire a professional
Avoid using makeshift movers. Although they may appear to save money, you could end up with furniture that is damaged or your neighbor angry at the damage done.
A competent and serious company is the key to a smooth and stress-free move. You can also be relieved of many tasks as the company will do all of the work for you: packaging, transport, assembly, and custom-made carpentry.